Meet Dr. Stuart
As one of the world's most renowned dermatologists, Dr. Susan Stuart is the co-director of the Hair Surgery Center at La Jolla Skin. She brings a wealth of expertise and training to our patients as a leading authority on the medical causes and various treatments of hair loss for both men and women who visit us for hair replacement and restoration in San Diego County.
Dr. Stuart has received her education at leading institutions in the U.S. including Duke University, Stanford University School of Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, and Tulane University School of Medicine. Dr. Stuart is also the founder of La Jolla Skin (formerly known as La Jolla Dermatology), past president of the San Diego Dermatologic Society, and previous two-term Chief of the Dermatology Division at Scripps Memorial Hospital, La Jolla. She is certified by the American Board of Dermatology and a Fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology and the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery.
Dr. Stuart is constantly in demand as the go-to dermatologist by the national media where their editors regularly feature her in Cosmopolitan, Better Homes & Gardens, In Style, and The Huffington Post amongst many others. She has been voted as the "Best Dermatologist" in La Jolla Light Magazine and Ranch and Coast for many years.
Dr. Stuart is highly qualified and experienced in determining the causes of hair loss and recommending effective treatment options for the patients who visit the Hair Surgery Center at La Jolla Skin in San Diego County for hair restoration. To get started, request a consultation or call at (858) 623-6333.
Visit the website of La Jolla Skin to learn more about all of the services Dr. Stuart offers.
Education & Training
- Duke University - Undergraduate Degree
- Tulane University School of Medicine - Medical Degree
- Mercy Hospital Medical Center San Diego - Internship
- Emory University Dermatology Training Program - Residency
- Stanford University Medical Center - Pediatric Dermatology Fellowship
- American Board of Dermatology
- American Academy of Dermatology - Fellow
- American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery - Member
- American Society for Dermatologic Surgery - Fellow
Appointments & Honors
- Faculty member at the University of California, San Diego
- Chief of the Division of Dermatology at Scripps Memorial Hospital in La Jolla (2 terms)
- One of the youngest doctors elected President of the San Diego Dermatological Society
- Listed as a Top Dermatologist by the American Research Council